Your Favorite Backpacking Spaghetti
Mountain House, Backpacker's Pantry, Olive Garden, and mom. What do these four things have in common? At one point or another you've probably had some of their spaghetti.
- 35 g dehydrated ground beef
- 65 g dehydrated thin spaghetti noodles
- 25 g dehydrated pasta sauce
- 3 g dehydrated mushrooms
- 5 g dehydrated onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet parmesan cheese packet
- Add mushrooms, onions, and ground beef into a large pot of water and bring to a simmer.
- Stir briefly and wait 3-5 minutes for ground beef to start floating.
- Once most of the ground beef floats, add noodles.
- Simmer, checking regularly to make sure all ingredients are rehydrated to desired consistency.
- Drain water from the pot, retaining a small tablespoon of water.
- Add sauce powder slowly and stir. If using sauce leather, tear into small parts and add slowly.
- If sauce won’t dissolve, add a small amount of water and put back on stove.
- Keep adding dehydrated sauce and stirring until noodles are sufficiently coated.
- Add olive oil and top with parmesan cheese.