- No fluff. Nearly every dollar donated goes directly into our program, enabling more, high-quality trips for more kids. The funds are used for gear, food, clothing, food, transportation, permits, entry fees, volunteer training, and other outing-related expenses.
- Tax deductible. Donations go through The Sierra Club Foundation (TSCF), an independent 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Local. Every dollar donated goes to Boulder ICO and most of those dollars stay in Boulder and Colorado. TSCF only facilitates donations.
- Secure. You can make a secure, online donation here. Later, you will receive an acknowledgement email and letter for your records.
- Accountable. Our budgets are handled locally by a volunteer professional accountant and are routinely audited at the national level through the Sierra Club and its independent auditors.
Or mail a check: Checks should be made payable to “Sierra Club Foundation – Boulder Valley ICO” and mailed to:
Sierra Club Foundation – Boulder Valley ICO
637 South Broadway
Suite B, No. 117
Boulder, CO 80305
Donations of used personal outdoor gear and clothing in good condition are often accepted. We occasionally have a gear drive which will be announced on our calendar. If you think you have high-quality items that we may be interested in, please contact us.
Buisness and corporate
Boulder ICO welcomes the support of local and national businesses. Both monetary and in-kind support are possible. We accept high-quality new or gently used gear or factory seconds. Some of our supporters have included La Sportiva (footwear), Mountainsmith (packs), Kelty (packs and tents), and REI (various gear).
If you are interested in sponsoring ICO through your business, please contact us.
Foundations and Grants
Boulder Valley ICO’s purpose and mission align with the goals of many foundations. We are always on the lookout for new grant opportunities. If you know of any relevant opportunities, or administer a grant program, please contact us.