Southwest Shredded Pork Salad
- 1 boneless pork loin roast 3 to 4 pounds
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 can 4 ounces chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place pork in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix cider, green chiles, garlic, salt, pepper sauce, chili powder, pepper, cumin and oregano; pour over pork.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; discard cooking juices.
- Shred pork with 2 forks.
- Arrange salad greens on a large serving platter.
- Top with pork, black beans, tomatoes, onion, corn and cheese.
- Serve with salad dressing.
- Place shredded pork in a freezer container; top with cooking juices.
- Cool and freeze.
- To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 321mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g