Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets
Everyone’s favorite shrimp scampi without any of the fuss in these easy-to-assemble foil pouches! Prep ahead of time too!!
- 1 1 /2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine if tolerated or pear juice (without problem ingredients), or omit
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice or more, to taste (if tolerated or use lemon oil, lemon essence, lemon extract) or omit
- Zest of 1 lemon if tolerated
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes if tolerated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (if tolerated)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves if tolerated
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, butter, wine, garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest and red pepper flake; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp mixture into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Served immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.