Mushroom Tortellini With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 3-4 ounces white meat chicken canned or in a pack Sweet Sue brand is perfect for this
- 4 whole or 10 julienned sun dried tomatoes not packed in oil diced
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons powered milk I love Nido
- ½ pack Alfredo Knorr sauce pack or creamy pesto garlic, whatever floats your boat
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated bell pepper in the spice section
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried garlic in the spice section
- 2 tablespoons butter powder Butter Buds in the spice section
- ¾ cup water
- handful dried tortellini your favorite flavor
- Add water, chicken, tortellini, bell pepper, and garlic to your pot. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat off.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter powder, powdered milk, and sauce mix.
- Bring back to a boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Eat! If it’s not thick enough, let it sit around for a bit. It’ll thicken right up.
To pack this, add all your powdered ingredients into a snack size zip lock bag. Add the spices, veg, and tortellini in another snack size bag. Keep chicken separate, unless it’s dehydrated, then you can put it with the pasta and spices. I suggest you make this at home before you take it as a meal on the trail.