Mushroom stroganoff is a classic comfort food that pairs perfectly with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk powder Nestle Nido
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 small shallot
- Mix powdered milk, flour, thyme and porcini mushrooms in a medium-sized zip-lock freezer bag.
- Pack remaining ingredients separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Add 1/2 cup water to the bag with mushrooms; stir well and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt ghee in a frying pan; add chopped onions and cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms together with liquid they were soaked in to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened.
- Serve mushroom stroganoff over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
Sodium: 193mg | Calories: 220kcal | Fat: 15.6g | Protein: 5.5g | Carbohydrates: 13g