Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Another super-easy dish to make over a campfire is kabobs, and this recipe for grilled pineapple chicken kabobs is not only simple but outrageously delicious!
Servings 4 Kabobs
- 4-6 skewers, either metal or wood If using wood, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from burning.
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger note: Trader Joe’s carries ginger paste that’s perfect for this
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
To build the skewers:
- ½ lb chicken boneless, skinless thighs work best, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Pineapple wedges cut into 1 inch cubes (we found these in the refrigerated section of the produce department)
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl or ziplock bag.
- Build the kebabs by threading the chicken and vegetables onto your skewers, alternating ingredients.
- Pour the marinade over the kebabs, turning them to thoroughly coat. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and marinate for at least an hour. This step can be done at home ahead of time – just put the sealed container in your cooler.
- Fire up your grill or get your campfire going.
- Grill the kebabs over medium-high to high heat, turning occasionally so they cook evenly until the chicken is cooked through – about 10 minutes total.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!