Forest Fiesta Mexican Burrito Bowl
- 1 Dehydrator
- ⅛ lb shredded chicken or cubed tofu
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup pinto beans
- ¼ cup vegetables such as corn, chilies, peppers, etc (whatever is on sale and in season)
- ¼ cup instant rice
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- hot sauce optional
- Drain, rinse, and dehydrate canned pinto beans
- Dehydrate chicken or tofu at 160°F for 4–6 hours until dry
- Dehydrate salsa (low sodium is best)
- Dehydrate diced and cooked vegetables of choice
- Let everything cool to room temperature.
- Combine in an airtight bag: dried beans, dried chicken or tofu, instant rice, dried salsa, and spices.
On the Trail:
- Boil about 2 cups water, then turn your stove off.
- Add all ingredients to pot and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on your pot and place it in a cozy.
- Wait about 10-15 minutes to make sure everything is rehydrated. Then, stir it up and check and see if a little more water or time is needed. When all the water is absorbed, and the chicken is soft it’s ready to eat.
- Add hot sauce if you like it spicier.