Dehydrated Banana Granola Trail Cookies
- 2 cups granola
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp water
- Using a food processor, grind the granola coarsely to a crumb-like consistency. Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next, put the peeled bananas, cinnamon, and water into the food processor and blend into a slurry. Pour this mixture into the bowl with the granola and mix well using a spatula. The cereal soaks up moisture so add water as needed to keep the mixture moist and pliable.
- Scoop out rounded portions of the mixture using a teaspoon, and evenly place them on a silicone sheet or pre-cut parchment paper for your dehydrator. Using the back of the spoon or the spatula, flatten out each portion into the shape of a cookie approximately ¼” thick.
- Dehydrate the cookies at 135° F for approximately 8-10 hours. For chewier cookies, dry for less time. For crisper cookies, dry longer.
- About halfway through the dehydrating process flip the cookies over and remove the silicone sheet or parchment paper. Continue to dehydrate on the mesh tray until done.
- When finished, store the cookies in a zip lock bag in the freezer or the pantry. Each batch makes about a dozen cookies.