Chickpea and Spinach Curry
The Chickpea and Spinach Curry is a super-healthy vegan curry. It’s packed full of flavor, colour and essential nutrients as calcium, iron, manganese, vitamin A and C. This simple backpacking meal is delicious by itself, but would also be awesome with some chapati or pita bread
- ¼ cup dehydrated cooked basmati rice
- ¼ cup dehydrated canned chickpeas garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder
- 1 tablespoon spinach powder or 1 handful dehydrated spinach
- ½ teaspoon mild curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a zip lock bag.
ON THE TRAIL
- Put the chickpea and spinach curry mixture into a pot and add 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until rehydrated.
Calories: 698kcal | Carbohydrates: 85.7g | Protein: 19.9g | Fat: 33.2g | Sodium: 61mg | Sugar: 11.4g