Chicken Tortilla Soup
There are few, if any, feelings like having a hearty bowl of soup on a cold evening after a long day of backpacking.
- 35 g dehydrated chicken or freeze dried chicken
- 25 g dehydrated black bleans or dried black beans
- 4 g dehydrated green bell pepper or dried mixed bell peppers
- 4 g dehydrated red bell pepper
- 5 g dehydrated corn or freeze dried corn
- 5 g dehydrated onion or dried chopped onion
- 10 g dehydrated salsa
- 2 g dehydrated tomato paste or tomato powder
- 1 g dehydrated jalapenos or dried jalapenos
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp True Lime
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 30 g Fritos corn chip
- Empty contents of Bag 1 (see notes) into a pot and fill with enough water to submerge approximately one inch.
- Cover and heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. For fuel savings, simmer for 2 minutes and keep covered in a coozy for 10-15 minutes.
- If using dehydrated chicken, check chicken for doneness. If using freeze dried chicken, check corn and beans for doneness.
- Add more water to reach desired consistency.
- Add olive oil and Fritos.
- If necessary, add salt, but remember the Fritos will add some salt as well.
- All ingredients except Fritos corn chips and olive oil
- Fritos corn chips