Chicken Fried Rice
Fried rice makes my heart sing. Now this fried rice isn’t going to win any accolades among those who value authenticity. In fact, I’m hesitant to even call it fried rice because there’s no actual frying happening.
- 45 g dehydrated jasmine rice OR instant rice
- 25 g dehydrated canned chicken breast
- 18 g 2 packets, or more to taste soy sauce packet
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- small piece dehydrated Sriracha
- dash chives
- 10 g dehydrated peas and carrots
- dash ground pepper
- Add contents of Bag 1 (see notes) into pot with enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice and chicken have been rehydrated, or to desired consistency.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add Bag 2 (soy sauce, Sriracha, sesame oil, and pepper)
- Stir until all spices have dissolved. If things aren’t dissolving, add a splash of water and place back on stove.
- peas & carrots
- soy sauce packets
- sesame oil paste (or packets or bottle)
- ground pepper