A beloved happy hour classic, now being served at a campground near you. What better way to end the day outside than with a cold drink, warm campfire, and a big pot full of cheesy nachos?
- 1 tablespoon neutral flavored oil
- ½ lb tortilla chips
- 1 7.75 oz can El Pato hot tomato sauce, or equivalent
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 large avocado cubed
- 4-5 green onions sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 small lime cut into wedges
- Lightly oil the bottom of a large dutch oven, to prevent the nachos from sticking.
- For the first layer, evenly spread 1/3 of the chips into the dutch oven, topped with 1/4 can El Pato, 1/4 can black beans, 1/4 cup cheese, and a handful of avocado, green onions, and cilantro. Repeat for the second layer.
- For the third and final layer, use the remaining 1/3 portion of chips, 1/2 can El Pato, 1/2 can black beans, 1/2 cup cheese, and the remaining avocado, onion, and cilantro.
- Cover the dutch oven and place on a metal grill over your campfire for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve with the lime wedges.