Basil Pesto Pasta
It's a delight to see kids decide that, despite it's appearance, this is good stuff.
Servings 4 people
- cup basil frest
- ¼ cup pine nuts (sub, pistachios)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese microplaned, fresh (not in a jar)
- 8 servings pasta (fusili)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Rinse with cold water when done.
- Place all of the other ingredients in a food processor and process until a paste is formed.
- Place pasta on dehydrator trays and dehydrate for 10 hours at 140 degrees.
- Place pesto on dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for 20 hours at 140 degrees.
- Store pesto in a plastic bag in freezer until the trip.
In the field:
- Add the pasta to boiling water. When reconstituted, drain water.
- Mix in the pesto completely. Serve.