Backpacking Tortilla Soup
- 1 Dehydrator
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 15oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- Tortilla chips
- 2 tbs oil or butter powder
- Dice the onion, chop the jalapeno, and drain the black beans.
- Place beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno on dehydrator trays. Keep everything in thin and even layers.
- Dehydrate at 135F for 8-12 hours, until everything has dried.
- Divide the dried ingredients into 2 servings, adding 1 vegetable bouillon cube, ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and ¼ tsp cumin per serving. Pack tortilla chips and oil separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Add the soup ingredients into a pot with 1 ½ cups water. Simmer until the beans and corn are soft, adding more water if needed (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in a tablespoon of oil and top with the tortilla chips.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Fiber: 45g | Sugar: 16g