Backpacker’s Cookie Dough
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 cup Cashews
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place cashews, rolled oats, salt, and cinnamon into the processor. Chop the ingredients until you have a fine mixture, but don’t chop them for so long that you make cashew butter.
- Blend in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Beware: This step can be hard on a low-powered food processor. If the mixture is too dry for your tastes, add more syrup; if it’s too gooey, add more cashews or oats, and use less maple syrup next time.
- Depending on the size of your batch, stir in the chocolate chips by hand, or put all ingredients into a mixer.
- Form 3-oz bars and store in plastic bags.