Tree Frog Soup with Rattlesnake
I'll say it: this stuff looks nasty. But once the kids taste it, it vanishes.
Servings 2 people
- 4 cups Dried Split Pea Soup Near East brand, if possible
- 12 ounce Spam or foil packet of salmon
- Bust open the cups of split pea soup and add it to a zipper lock bag.
In the field:
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Chop the Spam in to chunks.
- Add the soup mix and Spam to the water, stir a few times, turn off the heat and cover the pan. Let sit for 4 minutes. Serve.
There’s insane quantities of sodium in this one, so it’s great if your crew has sweated themselves out on an ascent. Not so great for the hypertensive.
Sodium: 3450mg | Fiber: 16g | Calories: 910kcal | Protein: 47g | Carbohydrates: 70g