Tasty Vegan Pasta
- 2 cups vegan pasta sauce
- One 8-ounce box angel hair pasta
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- Nutritional yeast
- Using a blender or food processor, blend together any chunks of vegetables in the pasta sauce, giving it a less chunky, thicker consistency.
- Spread the tomato sauce on dehydrator trays that are covered with non-stick sheets; spread uniformly, no more than 1/2 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees for 6-8 hours.
- At about hour 4 or 5, peel off the tomato leather and flip it.
- Let cool, tear into pieces, and pack in a sealable bag.
ON THE TRAIL
- Follow directions on box for cooking pasta.
- Combine the tomato leather, textured vegetable protein, and about 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot.
- Heat until leather dissolves and becomes saucy.
- Serve pasta and sauce with nutritional yeast to taste.
Sodium: 704mg | Fiber: 5g | Calories: 366kcal | Fat: 6g | Protein: 17g | Carbohydrates: 65g