Pull Apart Garlic Bread
Basically the garlic bread equivalent of a Bloomin’ Onion, this pull-apart bread is loaded with minced garlic, parsley, and shredded cheese. When it comes to camping appetizers, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 loaf crusty artisan bread
- 5-10 cloves garlic
- ½ cup parsley or other herbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese (anything that will melt well – we used a blend of parmesan & mozzarella)
- SLICE THE BREAD: Cut 1/2 – 1 inch slices horizontally and vertically to create squares, making sure not to slice all the way through the bread – you want the pieces to remain attached to the base of the loaf. Place the loaf into your Dutch oven.
- PREP THE TOPPINGS: Mince the garlic and parsley, then mix with the salt, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.
- STUFF THE BREAD: Using a spoon, drizzle the garlic-herb mixture into the cracks, followed by the cheese.
- COOK 10-20 MINUTES: Place the lid onto the Dutch oven and set over 5 prepared coals. Place 15 coals onto the lid. Bake until the bread is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- SERVE & ENJOY!
If making this at home instead of at your campsite, simply bake in a 350 oven for 10-20 minutes.