Outdoor Overnight Oats
My family loves a big bowl of camping oatmeal for breakfast. Plus, you can do almost all of the preparation ahead of time at home.
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1 tablespoon milk or soy powder
- ¼ cup dried berries coconut shreds, chocolate chips, etc
- 1 tablespoon sugar or pinch of stevia
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cool water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small container or plastic bag
ON THE TRAIL
- Add cold water
- Let mixture sit for at least 3 hours before consuming
Not only do oats taste great, but they have a wonderfully balanced macro-nutrient profile. They’re high in zinc, manganese, and B vitamins – all of which boost your energy for a long day of camping fun!