Grilled Foil Packet Loaded Cheese Fries
Delicious and oh so cheesy fries make the perfect side dish for your backyard cookout!
- ½ of a 10 oz. bag of frozen French fries
- ¼ cup or more cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits or crumbled bacon
- Lay out a large piece of foil with the edges crumpled up around the sides. Brush or spray a little bit of oil onto the foil, fill with the frozen fries, and spray a bit more oil over the top.
- Put another piece of foil over the top of the fries, leaving room for steam to escape at the top. Grill on medium-high heat with lid down for 20-30 minutes – be sure to rotate the foil packet halfway through. *If you don’t have a grill, you could cook the foil packet in the oven at 425 degrees.
- After 20-30 minutes, check to see if fries are brown and cooked to desired doneness (I like crispy fries!). Add shredded cheese and grill for another few minutes. Take off the grill and add sour cream, onions, and bacon. Serves about 3-4.