Foil Packet Nachos
These foil packet nachos are loaded with beef, tomatoes, green chiles cheese, & more! I love this easy foil packet recipe, in the oven or on the grill.
- 5 cups tortilla chips
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 1 ounce packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso Green Chiles drained
- ½ 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes fully drained
- ½ 14.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup diced onion green red, or white…whichever you love best!
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- sour cream for garnish
- Heat grill to medium high heat (or heat oven to 350F)
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium high heat. Stir in the taco seasoning and stir to coat. When almost browned, toss in the tomatoes and green chiles (both fully drained) and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fold two large 12×24 inch sheets of foil in half and fold up the edges to create the bottom of each packet. If you prefer smaller packets you can use 12×12 inch pieces and divide ingredients into fourths instead of halves.
- Place half the chips at the bottom of each foil packet.
- Sprinkle each with half the beef mixture, half the black beans, half the onion, and top with half the cheese. Lastly sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Fold the other half of each foil packet and pinch shut. Cut a hole in the top of each packet as shown so steam can vent (and avoid chips getting too soggy).
- Bake or grill for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, or your fave nacho toppings.
Sodium: 527mg | Calcium: 314mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 265IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 296mg | Cholesterol: 44mg | Calories: 495kcal | Saturated Fat: 7g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrates: 48g | Iron: 2.5mg