Click here to watch a short video on how to register or unregister as a volunteer for a listed outing or event, how to check your registration status, and how to add an event to your personal calendar.
- This event has passed.
Mount Evans Wilderness Beginner’s Backpacking & Fishing
September 3 @ 9:00 am - September 5 @ 5:00 pmFree
Difficulty: Easy | Client Agencies: All ⟫ This is an end-of-summer backpack trip into the Mt Evans Wilderness near Bailey, CO. We will hike a couple of miles up a beautiful mountain canyon by an easy trail, where we will camp, fish, hike, play games and enjoy a campfire. No backpacking experience is required, there is no cost, and the Sierra Club will provide any equipment and clothing that you need.
There is a mandatory pre-trip meeting on Thursday, 9/1 at 7 p.m. at Casey Middle School. Enter through the teachers’ garage. Bring any of the following items that your student owns to that meeting:
- Winter hat – sombrero para invierno
- Sunglasses – gafas
- Rain jacket – chaqueta o capa para la lluvia
- Toothbrush & toothpaste (small) – cepillo dental y pasta dental (pequeño)
- Comb/brush – peine/cepillo
- Insulated plastic mug (with lid!) – taza aislante
- Gloves or mittens – guantes para el invierno
- Pair of pants (preferably not cotton) – pantalones, no de algodón
- 1 long-sleeved shirts (preferably not cotton) – camisa de manga larga, no de algodón si tiene
- 1 short-sleeved shirt (preferably not cotton) – camisa de manga corta, no de algodón si tiene
- 2 pair of socks (preferably not cotton) – calcetines, no de algodón si tiene
- 1 pair of underwear – ropa interior
- Warm sweatpants (to use as pajama bottoms) – pantalones largos de lana para utilizar como pijamas
- Fleece sweater or light jacket – suéter (no de algodón si tiene)
- Boots or shoes for hiking – zapatillas (cómodas, para caminar e ir de excursión) si tiene
- Medicines or inhalers that you normally use – medicinas o inhaladores que usa normalmente