Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
This is another recipe that you might consider keeping on hand at home for those evenings when you’re looking for a quick and nutritious meal.
Servings 1 person
- ⅔ cup penne pasta mini, precooked and dehydrated
- 2 pieces sun-dried tomatoes oil-free, diced
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tsp basil dried
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese shelf-stable
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ cup noodles gluten-free precooked and dehydrated (substitution), gluten-free option
- ⅔ cup chickpea pasta precooked and dehydrated (substitution), gluten-free option
- salt substitute substitution, reduced-sodium option
- Put noodles and diced tomatoes in a bag or container to be used in the backcountry. Kitchen scissors work well for dicing tomatoes.
- Put the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bag or container to be stored with the noodles. See meal prep tips below.
- Pack 2 Tbsp (28 g) olive oil in a leakproof container to be added when the meal is consumed. We recommend double bagging the oil in the event there is a leak.
- Remove the pesto packet from the noodle bag or container.
- Add 8 oz (240 mL) hot/cold water or enough to cover the noodles.
- Let stand until noodles are fully rehydrated. This will take approximately 5 minutes with hot water or 60 minutes with cold water.
- Consume or properly discard the noodle broth to follow the Leave No Trace principle.
- Add pesto packet and 2 Tbsp (28 g) olive oil to the noodles.
- Stir to mix well and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 38g | Sodium: 728mg | Fiber: 6g