Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches With Sriracha Honey Sauce
- Cast Iron Griddle
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs: thyme rosemary, sage, etc
- 1 teaspoon salt
SRIRACHA HONEY SAUCE
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 English muffins
- PREP THE SAUSAGES: Mix the ground pork, herbs, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Form into 6 equal sized patties, keeping in mind that they will shrink slightly while cooking.
- PREP THE SAUCE: Combine the honey and sriracha in a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- COOK: Heat a griddle or skillet over your campfire or stove top. Once hot, place the sausages on the surface and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until browned, 2-3 minutes more. Meanwhile, cook the eggs as desired and toast the English muffins.
- ASSEMBLE & SERVE: Spread the Sriracha honey sauce on the English muffins, then layer with a sausage patty, egg, and slice of cheese. Serve & enjoy!
MAKE IT AHEADMake the sausage patties and place in an air-tight container in your cooler. The morning you prepare the meal, begin at step 2.
MAKE IT VEGETARIANThis recipe could be made vegetarian by replacing the sausage patties with a vegetarian alternativ