Queso Fundido Beef Taco
This backpacking recipe is part taco and part burrito, but totally delicious!
- 20 g dehydrated ground beef
- 2 g dehydrated onions
- 3 g dehydrated red bell peppers
- 3 g dehydrated green bell peppers
- 1 g dehydrated jalapenos
- 3 g dehydrated salsa
- 17 g cheese powder
- 8 g milk powder
- small pinch dehydrated cilantro
- dash ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- 1 flour tortillas
- 2 packets optional hot sauce or taco sauce
- Add ingredients from Bag 1 (see notes) into pot and fill with just enough water to cover.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until ground beef is tender.
- Drain most of the water, leaving meats and vegetables still pretty damp
- Add contents of Bag 2 (cheese powder and spices) and stir until evenly dissolved.
- If necessary, add a splash of water and place back on stove while stirring to prevent burning.
- Dump cheesy beef on tortilla and enjoy!
- ground beef
- red/green bell peppers
- cheese powder
- milk powder
- chili powder
- onion powder
- flour tortillas