Mushroom Mac n Cheese
- ⅔ cup pre-cooked and dehydrated pasta
- 1 handful dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk powder Nestle Nido
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried Cheddar cheese powdered
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Combine pasta, mushrooms and thyme in a medium-sized zip lock bag.
- Mix milk powder, flour and cheese in other bag.
- Pack ghee separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Pour Mushroom Mac mixture into a pot. Add in 1/3 cup water, stir well and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and season to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring regularly, until rehydrated.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in ghee and cheese sauce mixture.
You can make this recipe also with regular, non-dehydrated macaroni too. Just cook them in salted, boiling water according to package instructions. Drain the water off reserving about ¼ cup , then stir in sauce mixture and ghee.
Calories: 517kcal | Carbohydrates: 68.6g | Protein: 24.2g | Fat: 17.2g | Sodium: 237mg | Sugar: 0.2g