Japanese Energy Soup
Instant rice is, uh, bleh. Instant miso soup is, uh, bleh. Chunk light tuna is, uh, bleh. But blend them all together and it's magic!
Servings 3 people
- 3 pouches white miso soup
- 6 sheets sushi nori
- 3 cup minute rice
- 1 pouch tuna in foil pouch
- Toast each sheet of nori over an open flame. Crumble into small flakes and store in a snack-sized zipper-lock bag.
- Add nori bag and all other ingredients in their original packaging to a zipper lock bag.
In the field:
- Bring 7.5 cups of water to a boil.
- Add rice, tuna, and miso packets to the water. Stir frequently, adding more water as needed, and cook on medium heat until rice is done. Add the nori and stir to combine. Serve.
You can sub salmon in a foil pack for the tuna to avoid the mercury in tuna. But, honestly, the tuna tastes better.
Calories: 650kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 272IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 6mg