Easy Trail Tiramisu
Tiramisu is one of my family’s beloved sweets, and I’ve always dreamed about having it in the backcountry, too. So, I’ve adapted the original recipe so it can be just as tasty, but more suitable for cooking and eating outdoors. This super simple version of the classic Italian dessert lets you make this restaurant favorite even on the trail.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla custard powder
- 3 tablespoons full cream milk powder Nestle Nido
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liquor
- 6 ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Combine vanilla custard powder, milk powder and sugar in small zip-lock bag.
- Pack instant coffee, biscuits, amaretto liquor and cacao powder separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil.
- Mix hot water with instant coffee and set aside to cool.
- Pour vanilla custard mixture into the pot and gradually add 3/4 cup cold water.
- Place pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for at least one minute until the custard thickens.
- Then, immediately remove from the heat and leave to cool. Stir in Amaretto liquor.
- Pour half of crushed biscuits into the mug. Drizzle with half of coffee.
- Spread half of vanilla custard over ladyfingers.
- Repeat layers.
- To serve, dust with cocoa powder.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 72.7g | Protein: 13.1g | Fat: 16g | Sodium: 255mg | Sugar: 28.1g