Creamy Mushroom Soup
Tasty and creamy mushroom soup is a great option for lunch even while you hiking or backpacking
- 3 tablespoons instant mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk powder Nestle Nido
- 1 tablespoon dried mushrooms
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon croutons optional
- Mix mashed potatoes, milk powder, mushrooms and thyme in a small zip-lock freezer bag.
- Pack remaining ingredients separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Pour dry soup mixture into the pot; add 1 cup water and stir well.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put in bay leaf and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Serve with croutons.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.5g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 5.9g | Sodium: 250mg