Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai
- 56 g rice noodles
- 20 g dehydrated chicken
- 5 g dehydrated shrimp
- 35 g peanuts
- 1 tsp dehydrated jalapenos
- small sprig dehydrated cilantro
- 1 g dehydrated onion
- 1 tsp dehydrated green onion
- 14 g fish sauce
- 10 g tamarind paste
- dash cayenne pepper
- 5 g rice vinegar
- 13 g sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 14 g olive oil
- ⅛ tsp True Lime
AT HOME (SAUCE)
- Mix together fish sauce, tamarind paste, rice vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add in panko breadcrumbs until sauce is thick enough to not run.
- Spread on dehydrator sheet, and dry at 135F for at least 12 hours.
- Process into a powder using blender or food processor.
- Mix 1/8 tsp True Lime to powder.
- Store in zip top bag.
ON THE TRAIL
- Put dry ingredients in pot (rice noodles, chicken, shrimp, etc), cramming may be necessary.
- Add 1-2 inches of water. Just enough to prevent bottom from burning, and to create steam inside pot.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- When noodles are more maleable, push them down further into the water to completely submerge.
- Simmer for another 3-5, or until rice noodles are no longer raw, but still al dente.
- Add sauce powder, stir, and cover.
- Place in pot cozy for 5-10 minutes or until all water has been absorbed or all ingredients rehydrated.
- If necessary, add additional water and place back on heat if not yet cooked. Conversely, drain any excess water.
- Stir in oil and top with peanuts.