Campfire Smokey Bean Brekkie
Rustle up this fantastic smoky bean breakfast with chorizo, chipolatas, eggs and mixed beans. It's perfect for a camping holiday or serving dinner to a crowd
- 4 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- 6 chipolatas
- 12 small cooking chorizo halved
- 6 good-quality smoked hot dog sausages cut into large chunks
- 2 onions chopped
- 500 ml carton passata
- 300 g good quality BBQ sauce we used Stokes
- 2 x 400g cans borlotti beans drained
- 2 x 400g cans haricot beans drained
- 8-10 eggs
- toast to serve
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan (ours was 45cm). Add the rosemary and sizzle for a minute or 2, then scoop it out to a plate and set aside. Add the chipolatas and brown all over, push to one side of the pan and add the other sausages. Cook for a few mins until the chorizo starts to release some of its oil, then push these aside too. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 8 mins.
- Add the passata, BBQ sauce and some seasoning, bring to a simmer and bubble for a few mins, then stir in the beans and bring everything back to a bubble.
- Using the back of a spoon, create little spaces in the beans and crack in the eggs, dotting them over the surface. Cover the pan with foil and cook gently for 10 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Top with the rosemary and serve with buttered toast and mugs of tea.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Sodium: 2.3mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g