This Beef Alfredo pasta recipe combines three of our favorite backpacking foods into one delish meal.
- ¾ cup pre-cooked and dehydrated pasta
- ½ cup freeze-dried beef mince
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried Mozarella cheese powdered
- 1 tablespoon full cream milk powder Nestle Nido
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Combine pasta and freeze-dried ground beef in a medium-sized zip lock bag.
- Mix cheese, milk powder, garlic powder and flour in other bag.
- Pack ghee separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Pour Beef Alfredo mixture into a pot. Add in 3/4 cup water, stir well and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and season to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring regularly, until rehydrated.
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in cheese sauce mixture and ghee.
You can make this recipe also with regular, non-dehydrated macaroni too. Just cook them in salted, boiling water according to package instructions. Drain the water off reserving about 2/3 cup , then stir in sauce mixture and ghee. https://www.trail.recipes/recipes/beef-alfredo/
Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.4g | Protein: 33.9g | Fat: 27.4g | Sodium: 1052mg | Sugar: 8.2g