Backcountry Sushi Hand Rolls
- 6 sheets Nori
- 1 package Pre-Cooked Rice
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 packets White Sugar
- ¼ cup Dehydrated Shitake Mushrooms
- ⅛ cup Water
- 1 package Patagonia Provisions Smoked Salmon
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Wasabi Powder
- 7 packages Soy Sauce
- Find a clean, sturdy surface for cooking and meal prep.
- Heat rice by cooking in bag or emptying contents into a cooking pot. Add a splash of water if cooking with pot to prevent sticking
- While rice is warming, rehydrate shiitake mushrooms in a separate container. Add 1/8 cup water and 1 packet of soy sauce to shiitake mushrooms. Let mushrooms soak for 10 minutes, or until they become squishy.
- When rice and mushrooms are ready, lay a sheet of Nori on clean surface.
- Scoop 1/4 cup rice onto center of Nori. Spread the rice to 3 corners of the Nori, but leave 1 inch space from edge of Nori to rice. Leave one side of the Nori 3 inches rice-free. (rice is in shape of a triangle).
- Top rice with Patagonia Provisions Smoked Salmon diagonally on top of the rice so they point towards the bottom corner of the nori. Add slices of avocado to the side of the salmon, following the same direction. Top with shiitake mushrooms and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- To fold, gently grab the right side of the nori sheet and pull it over the ingredients. Lightly tuck and roll, securing the ingredients together.
- Pull the other side of the nori, and tightly wrap the remaining around the sushi so it forms a cone.
- Serve with wasabi powder and soy sauce.