Chocolate Banana Oatmeal
It's quick, it's easy, and fantastic!
- ⅓ cup instant oatmeal
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp powdered milk or powdered soy milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup bananas freeze dried, chunks or disks
- chocolate cookies crumbled (optional)
- ⅛ cup hemp hearts
- Mix all ingredients except the cookies and pack into 4 zipper bags in batches of 4 servings
In the field:
- Boil one cup of water for each serving, add the equivalent number of dry mix to the boiling water, stir and simmer until oatmeal is cooked through.
- Crumble cookies and sprinkle on top.
The addition of hemp hearts is optional but adds plenty of additional calories.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 5mg