Camper’s Breakfast Hash
When we go camping with family and friends, I’m always asked to make this hearty breakfast. This camping breakfast is a favorite at home, too.
- ¼ cup butter cubed
- 2 packages 20 ounces each refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 package 7 ounces frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 12 large eggs lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a deep 12-in. cast-iron or other heavy skillet, melt butter.
- Add the potatoes, sausage, onion and green pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until potatoes are lightly browned, 15-20 minutes, turning once.
- Push potato mixture to the sides of pan.
- Pour eggs into center of pan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat; stir eggs into potato mixture.
- Top with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 364mg | Sodium: 520mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g