Cajun Beans and Rice with Sausage
An easy-to-prepare, high calorie meal that can be scaled to any group size
Servings 4 people
- Mahatma Red Beans and Rice package
- Summer sausage or other hard sausage
In the field:
- Dice sausage up and fry until just crispy, then set aside.
- Add water to rice and beans as directed. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Pro Tip: let the rice and beans soak in cold water for a couple of hours before meal time. This will greatly reduce the time and fuel required for cooking.
- Mix the sausage in with the R&B, or set it aside and serve separately to accommodate vegetarians
- Variation: Serve burrito-style in flour tortillas to add calories and reduce clean-up
Sodium: 930mg | Calories: 370kcal | Fat: 16g | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrates: 40g