Beans and Rice with Fritos and Cheese
An easy-to-prepare, tasty tortilla soup-like recipe for the the trail.
Servings 1 group
- Instant rice
- 1 bag of Fritos
- 1 block of Cheddar cheese diced
- Instant beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Add at least 12oz of water to stove pot.
- Pour in beans, rice, taco seasoning, and any other spices at anytime.
- Cook, ideally to a simmer for about 60 seconds, stirring to avoid boil-over.
- Cut cheese into dice-sized pieces and add to meal.
- Add Fritos just before consumption. If added too early, they will soften.
- For perfect at-home consistency, use 10 oz (300 ml) of water. To prevent burning, do not add beans, rice, and taco seasoning until water is boiling.