Baked Apples with Vanilla Sauce
This baked apples recipe with cinnamon and vanilla sauce makes a great fall camping dessert.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple fresh
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon Dr. Oetker instant vanilla sauce mix
- 1 teaspoon full cream milk powder Nestle Nido
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small zip-lock bag .
- Combine vanilla sauce mix and powdered milk in another zip-lock bag .
- Pack other ingredients separately.
ON THE TRAIL
- Cut the apples across in half.
- Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Place apples halves into the pan, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Put a teaspoon of butter to the middle of each apple.
- Bake in the Outback Oven for 20 minutes.
- Add 5 tablespoons of cold water to vanilla sauce mixture and stir well.
- Top apples with vanilla sauce.
for vegan and paleo versions, omit ghee and vanilla sauce.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7.9g | Sodium: 97mg | Sugar: 34.9g