Bacon and Egg Scramble
I love eggs, but I could never find a good way to make them on the trail …until now.
- 64 g OvaEasy Dehydrated Egg Crystals or half a bag
- 1 oz Real Bacon Bits
- 1 tbsp Dried Onions
- 1 Cheese Stick cubed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Leeks
- 1 tbsp bell peppers
- In a quart-sized Ziploc baggy, mix: eggs, dried veggies, seasonings and 1 1/8 cup water.
- Set aside for 5 minutes so veggies can re-hydrate.
- Bring remaining 1 cup water to boil and pour into mug for coffee.
- Return pot to flame over very low heat, add olive oil and then scramble egg mixture, stirring frequently so they don’t stick.
- When eggs are nearly set up, mix in bacon and cheese, remove from heat and cover for 1-2 minutes until cheese is all melted.
OvaEasy Dehydrated Egg Crystals can be substituted with 6 real eggs, freeze dried eggs, or even powdered eggs!
Calories: 725kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 86g