Backwoods Tropical Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal
- ½ cup instant oats (packets, original)
- ¼ cup freeze-dried or dried banana
- ¼ cup dried pineapple slices diced
- ¼ cup toasted coconut chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Put the oats, pineapple, and bananas into a small sealable bag.
- Place coconut oil and coconut chips in separate small bags.
- Seal the main bag well, and double bag it if needed. You don’t want it to rip.
ON THE TRAIL
- Open the bag and take the coconut oil packet and the coconut chips out and set them aside.
- Pour the oat mixture into your bowl and add about 1 cup of boiling water
- Next, open the coconut oil and stir that in. The hot water will melt the coconut oil and make the oatmeal nice and creamy.
- Lastly, add the coconut chips on top for a nice crunch.
It’s tempting to use plain oats to avoid the wasteful packaging of individual packets. Resist this temptation because kids will much prefer the familiar flavor and sweetness of the packet oatmeal. Adornment with other flavors will be welcomed by some, but not all.