Backwoods Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- ½ cup instant oats (packets, original flavor)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds optional
- ¼ cup freeze-dried or dried banana
- 4 tbs of Peanut Butter
- Put the oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and bananas into a small sealable bag. Put the peanut butter in a separate bag.
- Seal the bag well, and double bag it if needed. You don’t want the bag to rip.
ON THE TRAIL
- Open the bag and take out the peanut butter.
- Pour the oat mixture into your bowl and add about 1 cup of boiling water.
- Finally, open the peanut butter and stir that in.
It’s tempting to use plain oats to avoid the wasteful packaging of individual packets. Resist this temptation because kids will much prefer the familiar flavor and sweetness of the packet oatmeal. Adornment with other flavors will be welcomed by some, but not all.