Backpacker BBQ Sliders with Meat Shredz
These quick sliders can be made in the kitchen or in the backcountry. Everyone will think that you have been slow-cooking the meat for hours. This recipe makes 12 sliders and can easily be cut in half.
- 1 yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 tbsp oilorbutter
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 2.2 oz. packages Meat Shredz- any flavor
- 1 12 count package Hawaiian rolls
- 1 8-16 oz. jar banana peppers
- Set the pan on the stovetop or camp stove on low heat. Add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add sliced onions and saute until translucent.
- Add BBQ sauce, Meat Shredz, and water.
- Cook for five additional minutes until everything is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon onto Hawaiian rolls and add banana peppers. Serve hot.
- (Optional) Toasted rolls add great flavor and texture.