Feijoada is a warm, comforting and rich both in taste and texture Brazilian casserole. It’s made with rice, black beans and a variety of salted and smoked pork and beef products.
- ¼ cup dehydrated cooked rice
- ¼ cup dehydrated black beans
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated ground beef
- 1 pack beef jerky about 30g / 1oz, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated ham
- 1 teaspoon roast beef gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium-sized zip lock bag.
ON THE TRAIL
- Pour Feijoada mixture into the pot; add 1 cup water.
- Place pot over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for another 5 minutes to rehydrate meal completely.
Calories: 701kcal | Carbohydrates: 78.4g | Protein: 58.3g | Fat: 18.9g | Sodium: 1135mg | Fiber: 15.6g | Sugar: 5.8g